Description: World in Conflict presents a chillingly authentic Cold War scenario where the Berlin Wall never fell. Created by Cold War authority and best-selling author Larry Bond, the story begins in 1989 as the Soviets, fearing certain collapse, boldly advance into Europe. NATO responds in force only to be met on a second front — a full-fledged invasion of the American homeland.
* SOVIET ASSAULT — New Single-Player Campaign: For the first time, play as the Soviet army and follow the global invasion from the perspective of the motherland. World in Conflict: Soviet Assault continues the franchise’s tradition of gripping, Hollywood-quality voice-over performances, tense and emotional storylines and unbelievable, cinematic storytelling methods.
* SOVIET ASSAULT — New Maps: World in Conflict: Soviet Assault’s award-winning multiplayer modes get more maps to facilitate the intense team-based battles.
* Action-Focused Gameplay: The game’s unique design removes base- building, resource gathering and “tech trees” in favor of fast, hard- hitting combat that focuses on tactical decisions – much like an FPS – creating a new genre: Action-Strategy.
* Player Roles: Players chose to command units from Infantry, Armor, Support, or Air roles; multiplayer teams will need to master each role for maximum effectiveness.
* Real World Super-Powered Warfare: Unleash the authentic military arsenals of the great military superpowers, such as tanks, planes, trucks, troops and helicopters — as well as nuclear weapons — from the USA, Soviet Union and NATO.
* Cutting-Edge Graphics: The latest version of Massive’s proprietary Masstech engine features advanced lighting and physics, utilizes the latest DX10 technology, and allows for full 360-degree camera control.
* Complete Destructibility: As the battle rages, the world environment pays the price as houses crumble, forests burn, terrain becomes deformed and the entire environment changes.